About the Arlington Council
The Arlington Council was the first of eight councils established over 50 years ago with a mission to help Arlington flourish by supporting local businesses, schools, and the community. The Council is extremely engaged with “Celebrate Arlington,” a city initiative dedicated to the redevelopment of this area. The group also supports five local schools with a Teacher Appreciation Program, which includes gathering school supplies and other needs. The Arlington Council offers a unique camaraderie among the members with their loyalty to the Arlington community.
Meets last Wednesday of month, 7:30 a.m., at Dolphin Pointe Health Care. $15 for council members, $20 for non-members pre-registered, and $25 for all walk-ups.
Arlington Council Breakfast with Congressman John Rutherford
Arlington Council Signature Event – College Park Opening Street Party
Join the Arlington Council Here
Ready to expand your network through a JAX Chamber Council? Click on the Join Now button below to get started. Questions before you join? Contact our Councils department at (904) 273-5367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small Business Leader of the Year
Our 2023 Nominee
Want to nominate someone?
A nominee must:
- Be a member of the JAX Chamber in good standing
- Be an owner, partner or shareholder of at least 25 percent of the business
- Be active in the day-to-day management of the company
- Be established locally in the same business for at least three years
- Demonstrate professional business acumen and leadership
- Have gross revenues of less than 5 million dollars per year for the previous three years
Click here to access the application.
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
Every year we turn one of our breakfasts into an amazing Teacher’s Appreciation event. We recognize the five local Arlington schools, their Principals and their Teachers of the Year. We present to them school supplies and paper that we have collected over the past year and a special gift basket from our Arlington Council members.
Would you like to be a Spotlight Speaker?
Five minutes to talk about business with a captive audience of 45-50 members.
Arlington Council Committees
- Communications and Social Committee
- Education Committee
- Membership Committee
- Programs Committee
If you are interested in participating with a committee, please contact Kathy Sutton at 904-273-5367 or email@example.com, and she will connect you to the appropriate committee chair.
- Teacher Appreciation Sponsorship Opportunities
- Special Events
Grants / Scholarship Opportunities
- Grants given to Teachers of the Year in the form of gift cards.
- Free breakfast if an individual joins at the meeting.