About the South Council
The South Council has a mission to help its members build new relationships, promote their businesses, improve the community, and gain business knowledge in a fun and informal setting. This Council meets monthly for an informative lunch meeting as well as “A Night of Networking” happy hour. From Mandarin to the Southside, this dynamic group of individuals has created an inviting and friendly atmosphere for business development.
Meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday, 11:30 a.m., at Fogo De Chao Brazilian Steakhouse. $25 for council members, $30 for non-council members, $35 for all walk-ups. Also meets on the second Thursday at 5 p.m. for the “Night of Networking.” Location varies. This is a complimentary event.
Join the South Council Here
Small Business Leader of the Year
Our 2023 Nominee
Ismael (Izzy) Amado
Want to nominate someone?
A nominee must:
- Be a member of the JAX Chamber in good standing
- Be an owner, partner or shareholder of at least 25 percent of the business
- Be active in the day-to-day management of the company
- Be established locally in the same business for at least three years
- Demonstrate professional business acumen and leadership
- Have gross revenues of less than 5 million dollars per year for the previous three years
Would you like to be a Spotlight Speaker?
South Council Committees
Communications and Social Committee
- Grants are given quarterly to council members through an application process.
- South Council has a drawing each month at their Night of Networking Event for a lucky South Council member to win $250. Must be present to win.