About the Downtown Council
The Downtown Council is one of the largest councils, offering a wealth of information on downtown development and top-of-mind issues. In addition to dynamic programming, the Downtown Council facilitates the annual “Pawprints Event” where big cat paw prints are painted along Bay Street to the stadium just in time for football season. This is a well-connected group for downtown business members.
Meets first and third Friday, 8 a.m., at The Jessie. There is also a virtual option. $15 for council members, $25 for non-members pre-registered, and $35 for all walk-ups.
Downtown Council Breakfast – CANCELLED due to the holidays
Join the Downtown Council Here
Small Business Leader of the Year
Our 2023 Nominee
Want to nominate someone?
A nominee must:
- Be a member of the JAX Chamber in good standing
- Be an owner, partner or shareholder of at least 25 percent of the business
- Be active in the day-to-day management of the company
- Be established locally in the same business for at least three years
- Demonstrate professional business acumen and leadership
- Have gross revenues of less than 5 million dollars per year for the previous three years
Painting of the Pawprints
Join us and 500 die-hard Jags fans in downtown Jacksonville for the Painting of the PawPrints, the Downtown Council’s biggest event of the year.
Would you like to be a Spotlight Speaker?
Downtown Council Committees
- Communications and Social Committee
- Membership Committee
Free breakfast if individual joins at meeting (free meal applied to subsequent meeting)