COVID-19 Resources For Jacksonville Businesses
JAX Chamber is gathering information so we can connect our members to resources and opportunities for their businesses and employees.
We urge Jacksonville businesses to take steps to protect employees while ensuring continuity of operations. We will continue to update this page with resources for businesses.
Reopening Jacksonville Responsibly
Safe Workplace Guidelines
Leading health experts in our community helped compile these sample practices and guidelines, and we believe they are a starting point as companies look to reopen safely and responsibly. These standards have been important for us as we reopen our doors at JAX Chamber.
How Do I Apply?
Government agencies have now opened applications for programs, loans and other assistance designed specifically to respond to the Coronavirus and COVID-19. Additionally, state and city officials have partnered with financial institutions and other businesses on programs to help small business. Check back as we add additional links to government programs, public-private partnerships and nonprofit funding — as well as links on how to apply.
• A New Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans after Passage of the End-of-Year Pandemic Relief Package
• Procedures for Lender Submission of Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Decisions to SBA and SBA Forgiveness Loan Reviews
• PPP Loans: What You Need to Know About the Latest Changes
• Paycheck Protection Program
• Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness from U.S. Chamber
• Rebuild Florida Business Loan Fund (click “Apply Here”)
• Save Small Business Fund from U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
• Reopening Business Digital Resources Center from U.S. Chamber
• Reemployment Assistance
• Reemployment Assistance Application Guide
• Reemployment Assistant Application for Services from the Department of Economic Opportunity
• How to Apply for an SBA COVID Disaster Loan and Where to Get Help
• Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
• Independent Contractor’s Guide to the CARES Act
• Keeping American Workers Paid and Employed Act
• Nonprofit Funding in Response to COVID-19
• Small Business Relief Program from the City of Jacksonville and VyStar Credit Union
• Program Summary and Loan Details on Small Business Relief Program from the City of Jacksonville and VyStar Credit Union
• City of Jacksonville Stimulus (2020-235) Passed by City Council
New JAX Chamber Jobs Board
Submit Open Job Positions on the Jobs Board
JAX Chamber has created jaxchamberjobboard.com in an effort to provide resources that help accelerate employment recovery and give job seekers access to information about available opportunities in our region. Local businesses can click on the “Post a Job” icon and submit some simple information to get started on recruiting the next member of their team.
Members and local businesses are encouraged to utilize this site as well as other helpful resources like CareerSource Northeast Florida when searching for candidates to fill open positions. Those seeking employment can filter jobs by industry and subscribe to email notifications regarding new job listings.
JAX Chamber Webinar Series
The JAX Chamber Webinar Series brings together business leaders, legal experts and government officials to share their insights on government programs as well as public-private partnerships related to COVID-19. Check back here to watch recordings of past webinars and register for upcoming episodes as we continue to share more in the series.
Watch Recorded Webinars:
• Episode 1 — The CARES Act: In this webinar, we spoke with officials from the U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce about programs now available in the CARES Act: Watch Episode 1.
• Episode 2 — Paycheck Protection Program: In this webinar, we spoke with business leaders and legal experts from Adams and Reese LLP, the Florida Bankers Association, the Jacksonville office of BDO USA, and VyStar Credit Union about the Paycheck Protection Program. Watch Episode 2.
• Episode 3 — Small Business Relief Program: In this webinar, Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry and VyStar Credit Union President and CEO Brian Wolfburg joined JAX Chamber President and CEO Daniel Davis. They shared details of the Small Business Relief Program, a collaboration of the City of Jacksonville and VyStar Credit Union. Watch Episode 3.
• Episode 4 — Human Resources During COVID-19: In this webinar, we discussed how companies can do what’s best for their employees and their business in these uncertain times with human resources experts from Brown & Brown Insurance and Dynamic Corporate Solutions, Inc. Watch Episode 4.
• Episode 5 — Economic Outlook: Where Things Stand: In this webinar, we discussed the economic outlook and the path to opening the economy back up after COVID-19. U.S. Chamber Vice President of Regional Affairs and Advocacy Moore Hallmark and Dr. Albert Loh, Chair and Professor of Economics and Geography in the Coggin College of Business, and the Director of Local Economic Indicators Project (LEIP) at the University of North Florida, spoke with JAX Chamber Chief Public Affairs Officer Matt Galnor. Watch Episode 5.
• Episode 6 — SBA Official Discusses the Paycheck Protection Program: In this webinar, U.S. Small Business Administration Regional Administrator Ashley Daniel Bell and JAX Chamber Chief Public Affairs Officer Matt Galnor discussed the Paycheck Protection Program and other federal programs. Congress passed a $484 billion deal with the majority of the funds allocated to replenish the Paycheck Protection Program. The bipartisan legislation allotted $310 billion for the small-business loan program. Watch Episode 6.
• Episode 7 — Plans to Reopen: What Employers Need to Know: In this webinar, we discussed plans to reopen with business leaders and what to expect in the early phases as residents return to work. Kevin Hyde, Managing Partner at Foley & Lardner LLP, and Justin Terry, President of Harden, joined Matt Galnor, Chief Public Affairs at JAX Chamber, for this discussion. Thanks to our presenting sponsor, The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship, for its support. Watch Episode 7.
• Episode 8 — Leases, Contracts and More: Key Issues for Businesses as Reopening Begins: In this webinar, our panelists discussed leases, contracts and other significant business issues related to reopening. Mindy Holden, Senior Vice President for Procurement and Real Estate at The Adecco Group, and Patrick W. Krechowski, a partner at Balch & Bingham LLP who works closely with small businesses and specializes in real estate, land use and public policy, discussed these issues with Matt Galnor, Chief Public Affairs Officer at JAX Chamber. Watch Episode 8.
• JAXUSA Discusses the State of our Economy: In this webinar, Dr. Raphael Bostic, President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, spoke with JAXUSA President Aundra Wallace. Bostic answered questions on the state of our economy as a result of COVID-19 and future implications for businesses. Watch this JAXUSA webinar.
• Virtual Hiring Fair A, presented by GuideWell: In this webinar episode, hosted by JAX Chamber, JAXUSA Partnership and CareerSource Northeast Florida, job seekers learned about open positions from representatives for these organizations: GuideWell, Baptist Health, Century Ambulance, Family Life Care, Fleet Landing, Florida Mentor Network, University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians Inc. (UFJPI), and CareerSource Northeast Florida. Watch Virtual Hiring Fair A.
• Virtual Hiring Fair B, presented by GuideWell: In this webinar episode, hosted by JAX Chamber, JAXUSA Partnership and CareerSource Northeast Florida, job seekers learned about open positions from representatives for these organizations: GuideWell, ECA Staffing, Fanatics, FIS, Woodforest National Bank, and CareerSource Northeast Florida. Watch Virtual Hiring Fair B.
• Virtual Hiring Fair C, presented by GuideWell: In this webinar episode, hosted by JAX Chamber, JAXUSA Partnership and CareerSource Northeast Florida, job seekers learned about open positions from representatives for these organizations: GuideWell, ARC Group, Concentrix, Custom Window Systems, DAK Resources, Electrical Training Alliance, I-TECH Personnel, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, Miller Electric, and CareerSource Northeast Florida. Watch Virtual Hiring Fair C.
• Growing Sales and Revenue in this New Normal: As part of JAX Chamber’s Moving Forward Together webinar series, Pat McManamon, president of Sandler Training in Jacksonville, walks you and your sales team through ways to continue to grow sales as the country navigates through COVID-19. Watch “Growing Sales and Revenue” here.
• Working With Working Parents: The second episode of JAX Chamber’s Moving Forward Together webinar series focused on employers working with working parents. As children return to school this month, we discussed what working parents will encounter and covered topics such as helping employees to feel balanced during the pandemic, retaining women in the workforce, how the Families First Coronavirus Response Act impacts all of us, and taking emergency paid sick leave to care for others. Watch “Working with Working Parents” here.
• How to Deal with a Positive Case in the Office: The third episode of JAX Chamber’s Moving Forward Together webinar series focused on “How To Deal with a Positive Case in the Office.” We discussed what to expect with a positive case, liability waivers and step-by-step instructions. Watch “How To Deal with a Positive Case in the Office” here.
• Returning to the Office during a Pandemic: The fourth episode of JAX Chamber’s Moving Forward Together webinar series focused on “Returning to the Office during a Pandemic.” We discussed what to do when employees are afraid to return to work, presentee-ism, recovering from furloughs and layoffs, how an office will change, face mask mandates and employer screenings. Watch “Returning to the Office During a Pandemic” here.
• Remaining an Employer of Choice in Challenging Times: The fifth episode of JAX Chamber’s Moving Forward Together webinar series focused on “Remaining an Employer of Choice in Challenging Times.” We discussed offering benefits that work during a pandemic, transitioning wellness programs to a virtual platform, professional development with a lack of resources, excelling in employee communication, navigating employee burnout and avoiding bias while working remotely. Watch “Remaining an Employer of Choice in Challenging Times” here.
• Cybersecurity While Working Remotely: The sixth episode of JAX Chamber’s Moving Forward Together webinar series featured a presentation on “Cybersecurity While Working Remotely.” We discussed how cybersecurity experts are working with companies to ensure they’re protected. Watch “Cybersecurity While Working Remotely” here.
• JAXUSA Discusses State of Health Care: JAXUSA Partnership Hosts Pat Geraghty, Florida Blue President and CEO, as he’s joined by JAXUSA President Aundra Wallace. Geraghty shared his insights on the state of health care as a result of COVID-19. Watch this JAXUSA webinar on the State of Health Care.
• Paycheck Protection Program: Navigating Loan Forgiveness: The seventh episode of JAX Chamber’s Moving Forward Together webinar series featured a presentation on navigating loan forgiveness in the Paycheck Protection Program. Programs details and specifications have changed as the PPP has evolved, but businesses have one overriding question: How do I get my PPP loan forgiven? Experts walk you through the process in this webinar. Watch Paycheck Protection Program: Navigating Loan Forgiveness here.
A Message from JAX Chamber CEO Daniel Davis
Support Local Business
Life is precious and we must do what it takes to protect the most vulnerable in our community.
Difficult decisions that will save lives have placed a significant burden on our business community. We are resilient, unified and compassionate and we will get through these tough times together. We will come back even stronger.
Read all of JAX Chamber President and CEO Daniel Davis’s message in this guest column in the Florida Times-Union.
Providing Help for Your Organization
Business Assistance Resources
These programs and resources are available to support businesses during a crisis. Learn how you and your business can apply for these programs.
The U.S. Congress passed the CARES Act, a $2.2 trillion package to provide emergency relief for American workers and businesses. JAX Chamber wants to keep you informed on news and legislative analysis of the CARES Act and other resources for your business.
Jacksonville Business Impact Survey
The JAX Chamber and JAXUSA Partnership would like to know to what extent the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has affected your business operations.
We are all in this together. With 3,000 Chamber member businesses in nearly every industry, there is strength in numbers. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey so we can best assist our businesses in these uncertain times.
Track the Latest From Agency Resources
In responding to this fast-moving situation, we will provide updated and relevant information to help employers focus on the health of their business. Agency resources from national health organizations and agency leaders can help provide the most relevant news and resources.
Warnings on COVID-19 Scams
Agencies Warn Citizens about Rise in Scams
Many warnings have been issued from the Better Business Bureau, FTC, IRS, United States Secret Service and others about scams related to COVID-19. These scams come in the form of emails, texts and phone calls. Avoid opening attachments and clicking on links within emails or texts from senders you do not recognize and look suspicious. Do not respond to suspicious communication or share any personal information via your personal or work accounts.
A few examples of current scams:
• Being asked to fill out a survey with personal information and/or bank account information to receive a stimulus check
• Alerting individuals of “mandatory” COVID-19 testing
• Advertising for at-home COVID-19 testing kits for purchase
• Being asked to click a link to donate to emergency relief funds
• Links advertising “COVID-19 cures” or links to purchase products that will “protect against COVID-19”
• Emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO)
If you think you have become the victim of identity theft, you can file a report on the FTC’s website at IdentityTheft.gov.
To report a scam or to file a complaint, please visit the FTC Complaint Assistant website.
State and Local Government News
Check in with the state of Florida and county governments to stay updated on the latest news.
Important Emergency Preparedness Resources
Download these business resources to keep your organization updated and prepared.
Regional Healthcare Providers
Learn more about the impact of the Coronavirus and COVID-19 with these reports.
Chambers and Industry Associations
Chambers of commerce and industry associations have organized industry-specific information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
We Want to Hear From You
Submit Additional Resources
JAX Chamber and JAXUSA Partnership are working hard to provide the most relevant news and information to our business leaders and employers. If you or your organization has information to share regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and its impact on the business community, please reach out.